Charles E. Polk III
Attorney Charles E. Polk III is an associate attorney at CJMM. He specializes in the areas of insurance defense, personal injury, municipal law, and civil litigation. He also handles Federal 1983 claims and data security issues.
Attorney Polk earned his Juris Doctor from Marquette University Law School. He volunteers at the Sojourner Family Peace Center, which serves victims of domestic violence and abuse. He aids survivors of domestic violence by providing pro bono representation, connecting them with legal aid, and by being part of their support group that listens to their stories and fosters healing.
He handles each case as if his own family member is directly involved. Though many of his clients are businesses and professionals, each case feels personal and relatable. Many cases require detailed reporting and risk assessment, and his clients appreciate the level of attention and dedication they receive.
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Board Member: State Bar of Wisconsin – Litigation Section
- Board Member: Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM)
- Board Member: Young Lawyers Committee; Founder, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee
- Wisconsin Defense Counsel’s Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee Award: 2023
- Named Young Attorney of the Year by the Wisconsin Defense Counsel: 2022
- Featured as an Impactful Volunteer by the Sojourner Truth House: 2022
- SuperLawyers Ones to Watch 2022-2023
Published Works and Presentations
- Presenter: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: Navigating Through Cancel Culture, Inclusion and Work Life, Wisconsin Defense Counsel, April 2022
- Author: What Brings You Joy? Taking Time for Self Care, Wisconsin State Bar, October 2021