At Cross Jenks Mercer & Maffei LLP, we have a strong history of representing local governments. We proudly represent many townships located in Sauk and surrounding counties.
Our attorneys possess the experience necessary to effectively address the legal issues that arise from rapid expansion and the pressure for development, including those involving:
- Municipal services
- Municipal employees
- Development agreements
- Taxation and assessment
- Architectural issues
- Tax incremental financing districts
- Traffic and road issues
- Sewer and water issues
- Labor and employment issues
- Emergency services issues
We have effectively assisted and guided many townships through a period of tremendous growth in recent years.
Baraboo Municipal Litigation Attorneys
Should a municipality find itself facing litigation, our attorneys have the skills and experience necessary to protect its interests. Our firm has served as defense counsel for municipalities in numerous cases throughout South Central Wisconsin, including cases centered on issues such as:
- Property damage
- Personal injury
- Zoning challenges
We have appeared on behalf of our clients in trial courts as well as appellate courts.
Our Track Record of Results
We have been involved in many significant cases over the years, including:
- The successful defense of a sheriff’s department against a wrongful death action for failure to prevent a homicide.
- The successful defense of a township against a wrongful death claim involving a tree trimmer.
- The successful defense of a township against an open meetings violation claim.
- Serving as counsel in defending tax assessment challenges.
Protect Your Legal and Financial Interests
We look forward to helping you protect your local government’s legal interests. Call 608-356-3981 or submit our contact form to schedule a meeting.